We created the conversation at www.discover.monsanto.com to help answer people’s questions about food. Thank you for taking part. Please read through this Submission Policy carefully before making a submission.
When you join the conversation at www.discover.monsanto.com (“Website”) through Facebook or LinkedIn, Monsanto will collect and store only your profile image, your first and last name, and your email address (your “Social Media Information”). If the question or comment you submit (your “Submission”) is made public on this Website, we will post only your profile image, first name and the first initial of your last name. Your email address will never be posted and will be used only to contact you regarding the status of your Submission.
- Be respectful of others. This means that you should not post any comments or other materials that are libelous, defamatory, obscene, hateful, pornographic, abusive, illegal, violent, threatening or otherwise defamatory toward any group or individual, or which promote harassment or discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, offensive, slanderous or libelous, all as determined by Monsanto in its sole discretion.
- For your safety and the safety of others, do not post or submit any personal information, including without limitation, names, addresses, phone numbers, health information, or any other information that can be used to personally identify you or any third party.
- Monsanto respects the intellectual property rights of others. By posting and/or submitting material to this Website, you represent that you own or have unencumbered, transferable rights and permissions including the right of publicity and rights in all trademarks and copyrighted material, in all Submissions made by you to this website. Please refrain from posting or submitting any third party materials without first obtaining consent from the owner of such materials. This includes any Submission that contains the names, likenesses, photographs, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, other than yourself. If Monsanto deems any icon or image in your Submission, such as your profile image, to be unsuitable, Monsanto will reject your Submission in its entirety.
- Monsanto reserves the right to limit or prohibit the posting of any Submission.
- If your Submission is similar to a question or comment that has already been posted and answered, Monsanto reserves the right not to post your Submission and/or to direct you to where Monsanto has already replied to the comment or question made in your Submission.
- The individual providing the Submission (the “Contributor”) is responsible for the content of that Submission. The views expressed by Contributors do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Monsanto, its management or employees. Monsanto is not responsible for, and disclaims any liability in relation to, the comments and/or materials posted by Contributors.
- In addition to the rights that you grant to Facebook/LinkedIn, you affirm that you have reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, and hereby grant to Monsanto and its affiliates, in perpetuity, a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use your Submission (in any format or media). This includes the right to use any ideas you submit (including ideas about our products or advertising campaigns) in any manner that we choose, without any obligation to you whatsoever.
- We reserve the right to retain your Submission and Social Media Information on this website unless you request that we delete your Submission and Social Media Information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include in your request your first and last name and the email address associated with the authentication method you chose when making your Submission.
- You hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Monsanto, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims based on the materials you post on and/or submit to the Website, including (without limitation) claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.